Palm Beach Atlantic Home
Home » Palm Beach Atlantic Home
2015-2016 STUDENT INSURANCE
Palm Beach Atlantic University is pleased to offer our students an affordable student health insurance plan, underwritten by Aetna Student Health.
FULL-TIME DAY UNDERGRAD, INTERNATIONAL, & PHARMACY STUDENTS
All Full-time Day Undergraduate, International, and Pharmacy students are required to have health insurance, either by providing proof of existing coverage or enrollment in the school-sponsored plan.
Student Accounts will start billing students for the Fall Semester in May. Students who are required to have insurance will automatically be billed for the insurance. The insurance charge will only be removed once an approved waiver has been received by the deadline.To waive out of this plan, please complete the Waiver Request online form under the Mandatory Enrollment section on this website. You will be asked to upload a copy of your insurance card during the waive process.
The deadline to waive the annual coverage for the 2015-16 academic year is 8/1/2015.
You will receive an email stating that you have been approved or declined. Please keep a copy of this email for your records. The school-sponsored health insurance coverage is from August 16, 2015 to August 15, 2016.
- Questions & Contact Information
- For questions about the enrollment or waiver process, plan benefits, cost or general inquiries, please call Academic Insurance Solutions at (888) 944-3939 or send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once enrolled in this plan, call Aetna member services at (877) 480-4161 for verification of benefits or claim questions.
- How to find an Aetna In-Network Provider?
- Aetna Student Health gives you access to care by working closely with your school and with a network of doctors, hospitals, pharmacies and specialists throughout the country. Use DocFind® to locate Aetna participating physicians and other network providers.
- Premium Refund Policy
- Any student withdrawing from PBA during the first 31 days of the period for which coverage is purchased (except for medical withdrawal due to a covered accident or sickness) shall not be covered under the SHIP and a full refund of the premium will be made. Students withdrawing after 31 days will remain covered under the SHIP for the full period for which premium has been billed. No refund will be allowed.
- Any insured student who enters the armed forces (of any country) will not be covered under the SHIP as of the date of such entry. A prorated refund of premium will be made for such person, and any covered dependents, upon written request received by Aetna Student Health Claims Administrators, Inc. within 90 days of withdrawal from school.
- There are no premium refunds if claims have been submitted to Aetna, medical bills or for prescription medications. If any of these claims have been paid for any period under this policy, no refund will be provided under any circumstances. No other reasons for cancellation or refund other than the instances stated above.
- Claim Filing Instructions
- All customer Service inquiries, including Provider network questions, should be directed to Aetna Student Health by calling (855) 821-9720 or emailing Customer Service.
- If the Provider does not file the claim directly with Aetna Student Health, then you must file the claim by submitting an Aetna Claim Form and itemized bill immediately after treatment to us. Your name, social security number and school name should be written clearly on all medical bills. Always retain copies for your records.
- To receive reimbursement, you will need to submit a claim form and the prescription receipt to Aetna. Fax your completed Aetna Prescription Drug Claim Form and receipts to Fax (888) 472-1128 or mail it to:
- Aetna Pharmacy Management
P.O. Box 52444
Phoenix, AZ 85072-2444
- We need your permission to release your personal health information. Print out the PHI Request 67902-5 form and fax it to (860) 907-3017 or mail it to:
- Aetna Legal Support Services
151 Farmington Avenue, RT65
Hartford, CT 06156-9998
- We need your permission to release your personal health information with your providers. Print out the PHI Request 67938-5 form and fax it to (859) 455-8650 or mail it to:
- Aetna Legal Support Services
PO Box 14079
Lexington, KY 40512-4079
PART-TIME, EVENING & GRADUATE STUDENTS
Part-time, Evening and Graduate Students may elect to enroll in this plan by completing the Elect to Enroll online form under the Voluntary Enrollment section on this website.The premium will be charged to your student account.
Dependent coverage is available to purchase for your spouse and/or children. To purchase dependent coverage, click on the Enroll a Dependent Voluntary Enrollment section on this website or contact AIS at (888) 776-9920.