Palm Beach Atlantic University
Home » Palm Beach Atlantic University
2015-16 STUDENT INSURANCE PLAN
Palm Beach Atlantic University is pleased to offer our students an affordable student health insurance plan, underwritten by Aetna Student Health.
FULL-TIME DAY UNDERGRAD, INTERNATIONAL, & PHARMACY STUDENTS
All Full-time Day Undergraduate, International, and Pharmacy students are required to have health insurance, either by providing proof of existing coverage or enrollment in the school-sponsored plan.
Student Accounts will start billing students for the Fall Semester in May. Students who are required to have insurance will automatically be billed for the insurance. The insurance charge will only be removed once an approved waiver has been received by the deadline.To waive out of this plan, please complete the Waiver Request online form under the Mandatory Enrollment section on this website. You will be asked to upload a copy of your insurance card during the waiver process.
The deadline to waive the annual coverage for the 2015-16 academic year is 8/1/2015.
New Incoming Students for Spring 2016 may waive out now! The deadline to waive out of the spring only coverage is December 1, 2015.
You will receive an email stating that you have been approved or declined. Please keep a copy of this email for your records. The school-sponsored health insurance coverage is from August 16, 2015 to August 15, 2016. The spring only coverage is from January 1, 2016 to August 15, 2016.
Student - $1,295
Spouse - $1,295
1 Child - $1,295
2 or more Children - $2,590
Aetna Student Health gives you access to care by working closely with your school and with a network of doctors, hospitals, pharmacies and specialists throughout the country. Use DocFind® to locate Aetna participating physicians and other network providers.
There are no refunds after the open enrollment period once this plan is purchased unless:
- If it is discovered that the eligibility requirement under this policy has not been met, Aetna’s only obligation is to refund premium, less any claims paid.
- If a you withdraw from school within the first 31 days of a coverage period, you will not be covered under the Policy and the full premium will be refunded, less any claims paid. After 31 days, you will be covered for the full period that you have paid the premium for, and no refund will be allowed. (This refund policy will not apply if you withdraw due to a covered Accident or Sickness.)
- Upon the covered person entering the Armed Forces of any country, the unearned pro‐rata premium will be refunded to the Policyholder.
All customer Service inquiries, including Provider network questions, should be directed to Aetna Student Health by calling (855) 821-9720 or send an email to Aetna Customer Service.
If the Provider does not file the claim directly with Aetna Student Health, then you must file the claim by submitting an Aetna Claim Form and itemized bill immediately after treatment to us. Your name, social security number and school name should be written clearly on all medical bills. Always retain copies for your records.
To receive reimbursement, you will need to submit a claim form and the prescription receipt to Aetna. Fax your completed Aetna Prescription Drug Claim Form and receipts to Fax (888) 472-1128 or mail it to:
Aetna Pharmacy Management. P.O. Box 52444, Phoenix, AZ 85072-2444
We need your permission to release your personal health information. Print out the PHI Request 67902-5 form and fax it to (860) 907-3017 or mail it
Aetna Legal Support Services, 151 Farmington Avenue, RT65, Hartford, CT 06156-9998.
Please contact us if you waived out of the student insurance and suddenly need this plan due to a Qualifying Event: The only exceptions to enroll after the Open Enrollment Period are the following Qualifying Events with appropriate documentation:
- Enrolling as a new or transfer Student (within 31 days of date of enrollment at the Institution) or
- Ineligibility under another creditable plan (within 31 days of loss of coverage) For example, were you on your parent’s policy but have been terminated because you are age 26 or older or it is no longer being offered; or
- Did you have coverage under an employer but the policy is no longer being offered; or
- Did you have an individual plan but it is no longer being offered.
You will need to provide a letter from the school stating that you are either a new or transfer student. You will need to provide a certificate of coverage from your terminated plan.
For questions about the enrollment or waiver process, plan benefits, cost or general inquiries, please call Academic Insurance Solutions at (888) 944-3939 or send us an email email@example.com.
Once enrolled in this plan, call Aetna member services at (877) 480-4161 for verification of benefits or claim questions.
PART-TIME, EVENING & GRADUATE STUDENTS
Part-time, Evening and Graduate Students may elect to enroll in this plan by completing the Elect to Enroll online form under the Voluntary Enrollment section on this website.The premium will be charged to your student account.
Dependent coverage is available to purchase for your spouse and/or children. To purchase dependent coverage, click on the Enroll a Dependent Voluntary Enrollment section on this website or contact AIS at (888) 776-9920.